Doctors Call Off Strike In Anambra
A chapter of the Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria situated at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital, Amaku Awka, Anambra state, has called off its two weeks old industrial action after a meeting with Governor Willie Obiano.
Addressing the press after a resolution at the teaching hospital, the chairman of the association, Dr. Chukwudi Okani, revealed that the decision is as a result of an appeal by their patients and the governor having discovered that their problems are mainly internal leadership issues.
He announced that work will begin on Monday, July 8th, 2019.
His counterpart in the orthopedic surgery department, Dr. Amaechi Nwachukwu, maintained that the governor will help resolve all internal matters now that he has firsthand knowledge of the issues in the hospital.
Updated on July 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma