EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is commemorating the 2019 African Anti-Corruption rally across states today with a promise to intensify its fight against graft.
EFCC officials and members of the civil society in Kwara state have decided to walk the streets of Ilorin, the state capital.
They also sensitised the people on the effectiveness of the anti-corruption agency and the need for everyone to join in the fight.
Similarly, in Benue State, the Head Makurdi zonal office of the commission, Mr Johnson Babalola, said over N50 billion dollars is lost from the African continent annually, with Nigeria accounting for the highest amount.
“It has been estimated that at least $50bn is being siphoned out of Africa on a yearly basis through illicit financial flow and a trunk of this comes from Nigeria.
“So, there is a need for us to sensitise our people. If you see something, say something. These assets are scattered all over Nigeria, they are scattered all over the world,” he said.
He also appealed to Nigerians to always remember that, if they keep quiet over acts of corruption, they are waving their rights to quality education, health care services, and other key public infrastructure.
see photos below:
Updated on July 11, 2019 at 2:12 PM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma
- Guber Primaries: APC considering petition from aggrieved Kogi aspirants