Four Sustain Injuries After Tanker Accident In Ogun
The Ogun State Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has said that four persons have sustained various degrees of injuries after a tanker overturned at the Ogere area of Ogun state.
According to the state sector commander of FRSC, Mr Clement Oladele the accident happened on Saturday morning; inbound the Lagos -Ibadan Expressway.
Oladele explained that the tanker which was burnt beyond recognition was heading to Ibadan from Lagos when it lost control due to dangerous driving and excessive speeding.
He said that the accident affected another vehicle, a Mitsubishi car with registration number DKA 653 ZP.
“The victims, who had parts of their bodies burnt, were rescued and taken to Victory Hospital, Ogere, for medical attention,’’ he said.
He informed that the FRSC officers and personnel of other sister agencies had already cleared the obstruction, to ease free flow of traffic on the expressway.
The FRSC boss, however, advised motorists to drive cautiously and adhere to all traffic rules and regulation that prohibit overtaking at diversion points and construction zones, to avoid crashes.
Updated on July 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma