Govt Official Arrested For Allegedly Forging Fashola’s Signature
A senior protocol officer in the Ministry of Power, Works, and Housing, Maikudi Haruna, has been arrested for allegedly forging the official Identity Card and signature of the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola.
According to a statement by Sunday James, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), Haruna had forged the identity in a letter issued to one Abubakar Mustapha Bida to procure an Official Passport.
Following his arrest, he is now being arraigned at the Federal High Court, Abuja before Justice Taiwo Taiwo and has been charged with conspiracy, making false statement for the purpose of procuring Nigerian passport and engaging in forgery.
Meanwhile, the Comptroller General of the NIS has advised prospective applicants seeking the Nigerian passport to avoid false declarations, forgery and use of fake breeder documents.
He advised that they follow due process by paying online, applying online and desisting from patronising touts.
He also vowed that anyone found culpable will be prosecuted in accordance with the provision of the law related to ‘Passport Offences’.
Updated on July 7, 2019 at 10:30 PM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma