Obaseki Holds Security Meeting, Warns Against Disturbance Of Public Peace
Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State has warned individuals against disturbing public peace in the state.
Obaseki gave the warning on Friday during a security meeting which held at the Government House in Benin, the state capital.
The governor in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr Crusoe Osagie, said the state security council resolved to sound a strong warning to individuals and groups who are bent on causing trouble and disrupting public peace.
“The council declared that the security apparatus in the state will stop at nothing to bring to justice anybody who foments trouble and will rely on the law to prosecute anybody found wanting.
“Some unscrupulous persons, under the guise of politics, are importing arms and ammunition to cause mayhem.
“The state’s shield stands guard and its sword stands ready to bring to justice anyone found engaging in such criminal activity,” the stamen read in part.
The governor vowed to address the security challenges in the state, stressing that “no matter how highly placed these persons are, they will not only be arrested but prosecuted and jailed.”
He also advised parents to keep a close watch on their children and wards, regretting that some highly placed individuals were planning to recruit the youth to ferment trouble in the state.
Obaseki, therefore, directed security agencies in the state “to commence a search for arms and ammunition being stockpiled by these individuals for the purpose of causing trouble and breaching the peace.”
Those that attended the meeting are the Commander, 4th Brigade of the Nigerian Army, the Commissioner of Police, Edo State, and heads of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Others are the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Prisons Service, and was convened to review the security situation in the state.
Updated on July 6, 2019 at 3:31 PM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma