Planning To Move To Canada? Top Jobs and Population of Nigerians In Each City
Nigerian? Planning to move to Canada? Temp or permanently?
Here are 8 Canadian cities, the most in-demand jobs they are known for & the population of Nigerians in said cities.
Perhaps, it can serve as a decision maker for you or anyone you know.
1. Toronto, Ontario
Most in-demand jobs: A Tech hub. (If you are into IT and certain professional occupation this is the place for you.)
Average city pay: $23.21/hr to $51.24 for 7.5 hours a day
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 18,855
Employment rate: 62.6 per cent
If you are the type that loves the Lagos city life, Toronto is the place for you. I mean, if you love jaiye jaiye kind of flex, this is the place to stop.
2. Vancouver, British Columbia
Most in-demand jobs: Geotechnical Engineer, Accountant, E. Engineer
Average city pay: $26.58/hour for 7.5 hours a day
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 1,605
Employment rate: 62.3%
If you love sea food, say no more, this is your city.
3. Edmonton, Alberta
Most in-demand jobs: Administrative Assistant, Legal Assistant, & Operations Manager
Average city pay: $20.63/hr – $52.52/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 69.8 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 3,350
Edmonton is Canada’s festival city, so if you are always in the festive mood and you love Ogun, New Yam or Argungu festival but want to try something different, this is your city. So, come and festive your life away.
4. Winnipeg, Manitoba
Most in-demand jobs: Ranges from Support Clerk, Admin Staff, Customer Service Reps.
Average city pay: $13.47/hr – $33.12 for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 60.3 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 3,435
Winnipeg has the world’s longest skating rink, so if you are the adventurous type who grew up rolling tyre on the streets but would like to try something different like skating, this is your place. But don’t buy skating shoes from Aba though, else you are on your own.
5. Guelph, Ontario
Most in-demand jobs: Factory jobs and Administrative Clerk.
Average pay: $14.16/hr – 44.49/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 72 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 170
If you like Ibadan in comparison to Lagos, this is your city.
Calm and relaxed area. No rush rush.
Not a lot of tourist/attraction centres but it’s the home to the University of Guelph.
6. Quebec City, Quebec
Most in-demand jobs: Specialized Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Clinician
Average pay: $19 /hr – $32.3/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 66.3 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 2,820
If you love the European feel and you speak French, this is your city. When I visited, I did not want to leave. Very beautiful too.
7. Regina, Saskatchewan
Most in-demand jobs: Caretaker, Building Engineer, Some factory jobs
Average city pay: $16.84/hour – $48.56/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate 69.8 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 955
Regina is home to Wascana Lake. So, if you love surfing this is the place for you. I visited once with a friend and we both loved it. Like Guelph, it is also a calm and quiet city.
8. Ottawa, Ontario
Most in-demand jobs: Another Tech hub.
Average City pay: $ 14/hr – $34/hr for 7.5 hours a day
Employment rate: 69.8 per cent
Population of Nigerians: Approx. 2020
This is Canada’s capital. Houses many of the headquarters. Also home to the Nigerian High Commission. Whenever your green passport expires, this is where you’d be heading to.
Different jobs are spread across cities in Canada and the good thing is, you don’t have to live in one particular city to be okay.[@TundeTash/Twitter]
So which would you love to move to?
However, let’s remember that no place like home. So when we gain all the knowledge and experience we should use it to make ours a better place
Updated on July 4, 2019 at 8:25 PM and categorized under Freestyle Gist
New and Trending
- Actress, Princess Shyngle leaves her fans wondering the whereabouts of her intestines with her new photo
- Buhari gives Nigeria’s Minting Company sole authority to produce e-passports
- Lagos Police arraignÂ two teenagers for belonging to the Eiye Confraternity’s secret society
- President Buhari has never asked NNPC for favour – NNPC GMD Mele Kyari
- Okorocha ran Imo state secretariat with ‘I better pass my neighbor generators’ – Governor Emeka Ihedioha
- Ghana added to South Africaâs list of visa-free countries
- Your husband is your master and not your equal- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome tells wives (video)
- Lol. Women on Twitter get creative to hide conversations about sex from men
- Madonna’s break-up letter from Tupac Shakur to be sold for $300,000
- Twitter stories: Man exposes fake medical practitioner and the method she uses to dupe poor elderly women in Lagos
- Jealous boy, 15, who beheaded schoolmate, 16, for talking to his girlfriend has been given two life sentences
- Reno Omokri releases proof INEC transmitted 2019 election results through servers
- Toyin Lawani tensions Instagram with hot new photo
- Liz Anjorin shows off her new house
- (18+) Disgusting or Fun – What’s Your Own View On Man Licking A Woman’s Vagina? (WATCH THIS VIDEO)