Security Issues Are Being Seriously Tackled, Says Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has made a reassurance that his administration is seriously tackling security challenges in the country through a multi-pronged approach.
Buhari was represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, at the Grand Finale of the 2019 Nigerian Army Day Celebration and Combat Support Arms Training Week at the Ikeja Cantonment Parade Ground in Lagos.
The President said that the security challenges in the country need to be destroyed and nobody will be allowed to kill or commit other crimes and escape.
“The challenge for us is to recognize this extremism for what it is. To form alliances across faiths and ethnicities to destroy an evil that confronts us all. Fulani herder and farmer conflicts, random killings banditry and kidnapping some attributed to Fulani bandits, in different parts of the country are extant challenges that the army has had to intervene in on several occasions.
“I want to reassure all Nigerians that these issues are being seriously tackled by the Federal Government, working with the States, through a multi-pronged approach. Nobody will be allowed to maim, kill or commit other crimes and escape. It is our duty to apprehend and punish these criminals and we are doing and will continue to do so.”
He assured that the government will continue to show determination towards ensuring that the country is rid of insurgency.
“We also must and will continue to demonstrate the political will and determination towards ensuring that our land is rid of insurgency and that criminality is kept to the barest minimum.
“We have a duty to continue to make available to you, our Armed Forces, all the moral and material support that you require.”
Updated on July 6, 2019 at 5:34 PM and categorized under National Politics
New and Trending
- Buhari Welcomes British Govt’s Focus On Herder/Farmer Clashes
- Buhari orders MINT to take over printing of Nigerian E-passports
- EFCC tracks Kwara’s N370M to UK…
- Market women, labour groups, pensioners, youths, others pledge support for Obaseki’s govt
- Breaking: New Nigeria passport has herdsmen inscribed on it – Apostle Suleiman alerts By Anthony Ogbonna
- EFCC Embarks On Road Walk To Mark African Anti-Corruption Day
- FG Committed To Halting The Menace Of Corruption – Boss Mustapha
- Senate To Summon National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Server controversy : INEC boss lied on oath – Timi Frank …Commends Reno, wants more Nigerians come with evidences
- Ministerial List: Buhari hosts NASS leadership to dinner Thursday Writes NASS on Appointment of 15 Special Advisers
- Oyo Ready To Inject Counterpart Funding Into UBEC/SUBEB Projects
- How Kanu Stole The Show After Super Eagles Beat Bafana Bafana
- Senate to liaise with Reps over Edo Assembly crisis
- Ruga is an abomination, should be withdrawn not suspended — Clark
- KOGI APC GOV TICKET: Bello’s headache, NWC’s dilemma